The City of Sylvania each year offers an Unlimited Fall Pick-up for our residents. Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, the spring Unlimited Pick-up had to be delayed until late July. The Unlimited Fall Pick up is proceeding on schedule, however, during the week of October 5th through October 9th on your regular refuse pick-up day.
The rules remain the same from previous pick-ups. Items that will be picked up: Household rubbish in garbage bags or cans, pieces of furniture, appliances, televisions, mattresses and box springs, bicycles, carpet, dismantled playground equipment, mail boxes and wood scraps that are no longer than 4ft and tied in bundles. Appliances that had Freon, such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, and dehumidifiers, must have certification that the Freon has been legally removed.
Some items that will not be picked up include: Construction materials, drywall, railroad ties, ceiling tiles, pieces of concrete, posts that have concrete on them, concrete blocks, bricks, large pieces of glass or mirrors, liquids, chemicals, latex paint that is not dried up, empty paint cans that have a lid, oil based paint, batteries, automobile parts, gas cans, pressurized tanks (propane or helium tanks), anything with oil or fuel (lawn mower, snow blower, edger, or trimmer that is not drained and the gas cap removed), tires, and hazardous materials.
Proper Placement of Refuse Items:
- For the safety of the Republic employees please do not stack items on top of each other - Wood must be cut into 4ft lengths and have all nails/screws removed or pounded down - Wooden doors must be cut in half
- Carpet must be cut to 4ft lengths, rolled and bundled and not weigh more than 40lbs - All glass/needles must be placed in a plastic container and marked accordingly - All Loose material must be bagged (do not use cardboard boxes)
- Toilets must have tank removed from base
- Basketball hoops must have backboard removed, pole cut to 4ft or less and sand or water removed from base
- Hot Tubs and Bathtubs cut into 2ft sections
The Unlimited Pick-up in July was very successful with our residents setting out more than ever and more than our contractor, Republic Services, could handle during the week. Additional trucks and employees were called in. Even then, the pick-up continued into the next week.
Sylvania Neighborhood Facebook Group
private, for current & former residents and fans of Tree City (& Township)
A little bit of light local news you can use-
Sylvania News on Facebook
Follow for Sylvania events, news alerts, shopping & dining, faith gatherings, giving opportunities, school news, local history, and more
New in 2020:
2020 Sylvania Edition (Book)
Foreword by Gordon Ward
Celebrating the rich history of Sylvania, Ohio